Short-stay visa

For a training course not exceeding three months, you will be issued a short-stay visa.


This type of visa is generally issued for tourism, business trips or family visits.


It is also issued to persons entering to France to take part in short training programmes, internships, conferences and corporate meetings, or to engage in remunerated activities (whatever the form), not exceeding 90 days.


This type of visa is also required for simple transit through France, once outside “international zone” at any airport::

  • If you need to change airports to continue your travel;
  • If you are waiting for a transfer flight at a hotel or at an acquaintance’s home.

In order to apply to a short-stay Visa :

  • You must be over 18 years of age;
  • You must have already chosen your training course or studies. For more comprehensive information about the courses and diploma preparations on offer, please visit: Campus France
  • You must be accepted by a higher education establishment. Enrolment conditions differ depending on your nationality, please check the Etudes en France  website to see if your country is included in the online enrolment scheme. For other countries, check the enrolment conditions in terms of specialities and level of education on Campus France .

Important: under certain conditions (age, enrolment in the first year of studies), you must follow the “Parcoursup ” (in French only) procedure and respect the schedules.

Long-stay Student visa

For a training course exceeding three months or six months, you will be issued a temporary long-stay visa, which will require no further formalities on your arrival in France.


For training or a course exceeding six months, you will be issued a long-stay visa, equivalent to a residence permit, which will be subject to further formalities on your arrival in France.


Whatever the duration of your planned stay, the duration of your long-stay visa must be between three months and one year. 


In order to extend your stay beyond the period of validity of your visa, you must apply for a residence permit at a prefecture.


During its period of validity, the long-stay visa is equivalent to a Schengen visa, enabling you to move around and stay in the Schengen Area outside France for periods not exceeding 90 days over any period of 180 consecutive days, under the same conditions as if you held a Schengen visa.

The Best Study Abroad Ever

Our consultation is FREE. We will get back to you within 24 hours


Our consultation is FREE. We will get back to you within 24 hours
Londres Ville Universitaire

Our team are experts in internship, education and support. They have made our process super simple and we love to answer your questions and help with decisions. Once we know your objectives for studying abroad, the type of environment you prefer to live in, your chosen career path or plan, your background, educational history and length of overseas study, we can then quickly provide you with several of the very best options .